News Flash!! The Man That Got Away,
the George 'Bugs' Moran story, is now available for online purchase! Click on the cover above to go to Amazon.com!
Welcome to Bugs Moran online!!
BugsMoran.net, which was launched in early 2004, is the 'internet' companion to THE MAN WHO GOT AWAY (Cumberland House Publishing, May 2005), the first and only biography of Al Capone's most resilient and, from a personal perspective, mysterious challenger.
George Clarence Moran was already featured extensively in my book
AND ROSES (Cumberland House, January 2004), but in the year and a half interval between the releases of both books, I uncovered startling and intriguing new facts about Moran, namely:
- His real surname (no, it was not Moran. If you think you're related to Moran, better read this. )
- Where he disappeared to in the wake of the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre
- The tragic fate of his son in 1959
- The reason why he fled his native St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1909
- The fate of other key, lesser-known Moran soldiers such as Willie Marks
As this site develops, I plan to include a gallery, links to sites
relevant to either Moran or the Prohibition-Depression era, and
more. Keep checking back, or visit the Bugs Moran / Gangster
online community here.
We have several gangster experts (Lawrence Raeder, Gangster
City author Pat Downey, veteran crime author Rick Mattix, Al
Capone Museum webmaster Mario Gomes, researcher Mari Abba,
etc) posting on a regular basis, so join up, ask your questions,
and have fun!!
Find gangster costumes for Halloween.
(advertisement- click to view website)